Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza
Sometimes you really need a fancy pizza.
But there’s a special place in my heart for the gourmet pizza – flavors that go a little beyond what you’d expect in a pizza, complexity on crust.
This particular fancy pizza is a clear front-runner for my all-time. The sweetness of the squash is perfectly tempered by the leeks and gorgonzola, and peppery arugula piled on top of the hot pizza right out of the oven lends a brightness.
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and diced
- 1 recipe Easy Pizza Crust (or use your favorite storebought crust)
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups arugula leaves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar