Super Simple Banana Bread
Author: Simply Recipes
- 3 bananas (brown, mashed)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½- 1 cup sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 1 egg, whisked with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand until well incorporated
- Pour into a greased bread pan (approx 9x4x4)
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (check at about 50 minutes)
- Cool on rack
You can add in a cup of chocolate chips. I recommend cutting the sugar down to ½ or ¾ cup if adding chocolate chips in.
I find that I am pretty plain jane when it comes to my banana bread. I do not love adding nuts, or chocolate chips. But my kids do. They love when I add chocolate chips. What is your favorite way to eat banana bread?
I love a nice pat of butter on mine, and prefer eating it fresh out of the oven. But I have found that the flavors tend to intensify if you wait to eat it until it is cooled, or a day or so later. No matter how you like your banana bread, might I suggest trying this version as it is really quite delicious!